He stated that if we were to break down the population of the world into only 100 people, it would play out like this:
- There would be 51 women and 49 men.
- 70 people would be of a faith other than Christianity.
- There would be 70 people of color; 30 would be white.
- 80 would live in substandard housing (i.e. no running water or electricity, etc.)
- 50 would be malnourished, living off of perhaps one small meal a day.
- 70 would be illiterate and unable to read.
- And 6 of the the 100 would possess half of all the world's wealth and reside in the United States of America.
- There are approximately 6.6 billion people in the world today and close to half of that (well over 3 billion) live on less than $2 a day!
- There are over 300 million living in the U.S. (less than 6% of the world's population), yet Americans have half the world's wealth.