Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Classic Movie Meme

Here is a classic movie meme that I received from Gina Dalfonzo over on the BreakPoint blog. You'll need to go to the American Film Institute's (AFI) Top 100 Movies List here and then answer the questions below. If you're like me, there are a number of movies on this list that you have not seen nor possibly ever heard of. Though I am an avid movie watcher, I haven't seen as many of the classics as I'd like (I counted 48 of the movies on this list that I've actually seen). Plus, if it's in black and white, my wife ain't feelin' it.
Here are my answers...


  • Your favorite 5 movies that are on the list:
  • 1. The Godfather: Part I & Part II (in reality, it's one long, outstanding movie)
    2. It's a Wonderful Life
    3. Star Wars
    4. Rocky
    5. The Wizard of Oz


  • 5 movies on the list that you didn't like at all:
  • 1. Gone With the Wind
    2. Apocalypse Now
    3. M*A*S*H
    4. Duck Soup
    5. The Jazz Singer


  • 5 movies on the list you haven't seen but want to:
  • 1. Casablanca
    2. Chinatown
    3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    4. Midnight Cowboy
    5. The French Connection


  • 5 movies on the list that you haven't seen and have no interest in seeing:
  • 1. Bringing Up Baby
    2. Modern Times
    3. The Gold Rush
    4. The Philadelphia Story
    5. The Birth of a Nation


  • Your favorite 5 movies that aren't on the list:
  • 1. Hoosiers
    2. A Few Good Men
    3. Memento
    4. Jerry Maguire
    5. What About Bob

    No comments: