My five-year-old son, Jason, is the comedian of our family and the one with the most energy in our clan of six. He is a constant barrage of activity, noise and love. During a Mother's Day tribute in the service at church today, he (along with Brennan and Leah) had kind words to say about Lori. He loves his mom "because she plays video games with him." Awwww.....
Thankfully, he didn't embarrass us in front of the whole church. This is not always the case. At a Christmas program a couple years ago, he broke out into his own individually choreographed dance routine in the middle of a song. I had to pull him from the stage.
Another time when visiting one of the churches that financially supports us, he leaned into the microphone, being held by the pastor, and broke into a chorus of We Will Rock You by Queen while we were being prayed for up front. Fortunately, I think God has a sense of humor (as did that particular congregation.)
Jason's preschool class put together a little recipe book dedicated to all the moms. The moms submitted one of their favorite recipes and the kids each picked their favorite food that their mom cooks for them. The kids shared what they thought were the recipes for those foods, along with how they thought it was made.
Here are some of the funniest, with Jason's first. You really can't make this stuff up! Directly from the mouths of babes...
1. Shells and Cheese (60 shells, 1 package of cheese) - I think we cook the shells for about 15 minutes. Open the package, squeeze it out and we stir it about 15 seconds. Then we eat it after we get our spoons.
2. Spaghetti (20 pieces of spaghetti, 5 rice, white sauce ) - Cook spaghetti in microwave for 2 minutes, cook rice on stove for 5 minutes (she watches TV while it is cooking.)
3. My Favorite Pasta (20 wheels - sometimes 18, 10 gallons red sauce) - It is round in the shape of a wheel. It's hard when she starts but then it becomes mushy. Pour wheels out of the bag, then you put the sauce on them. Cook in the oven 5 or 10 minutes. The oven is 10 degrees.
4. Chicken and Rice (2 chickens, 1 cup of rice) - Put the chicken in the microwave 15 minutes. Mix chicken and rice. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes. Set at 10-15 degrees. The she put it on the plates.
5. Turkey (100 pound turkey) - My mom washes the turkey. She puts it in a pan, and then puts it in a container bag because it bubbles and makes a mess. She bakes it for 10 hours at 100,000 hot.
6. Cookie Dough (Flour - not more than a spot, 10 chocolate chip cookies) Mix it together and it makes cookie dough. She then eats it all by herself.
7. Red Jelly (3 cherries, 1 carrot, 2 cups of milk, 4 jelly beans) - Mix it all together with apple juice and then it is done.