Time Magazine recently compiled its suggestions for the top ten religion stories for this past year, 2009. Here they are:
1. Secularism or Bust - the growing anti-religion sentiment that is sweeping across Europe.
2. What Reformation? - the Catholic Church's acceptance of Anglicans who are dissatisfied with the the direction of their own church.
3. Keeping the Faith-Based - President Obama's expansion of the White House faith-based office initiated by President George W. Bush.
4. Faith Healing Turns Fatal - the death of a child whose parent's opted for prayer instead of traditional medical treatment for their sick daughter.
5. Going to the Chapel - a popular Catholic priest is removed from his Diocese after pictures of him with a woman on the beach surface.
6. Dr. Dobson Has Left the Building - Dr. James Dobson steps down as the leader of Focus on the Family.
7. Obama's Notre Dame Touchdown - Pro-choice President Obama offers a commencement speech at the pro-life Catholic institution.
8. Americans Go Church Shopping - more and more Americans change churches, change faiths or give up on organized religion altogether.
9. Banning the Baha'i - several leaders of the Baha'i faith are held in prison in Iran.
10. Religious Runaway - a teenage Muslim girl converts to Christianity and runs away from home because she says she fears for her life.