|Photo Credit: oblivion9999|
Taken from MagSays:
The Problem That Currently Exists In American ChurchesNOTE: the source of these statistics were provided by www.generouschurch.com.
- Christians are giving at a 2.5% per capita or tithe. During the Great Depression, they gave at a 3.3% rate.
- Today, 33-50% of church members, those who claim they have bought in at a deep level to your ministry, give nothing.
To show the global impact those resources could make, consider the following:
- If we were able to have our people increase their giving from 2.5% to 10% of their annual income, an additional $165 billion would flow into the Kingdom.
- $25 billion would relieve global hunger, starvation, and deaths from preventable diseases in 5 years.
- $12 billion would eliminate illiteracy in 5 years.
- $15 billion would solve the world’s water and sanitation issues, specifically at places in the world where 1 billion people live on less than $1 per day.
- $1 billion would fully fund the Great Commission.$100 – $110 billion would still be left over for additional ministry expansion.