Monday, October 31, 2005

To Watch or Not to Watch

A favorite pastime of mine is going to the movie theatre and watching movies at home with my family. It's always disappointing, though, to go to or rent a highly recommended movie only to find it filled with excessive violence, gratuitous sex or nudity, or bad language. A website that I stumbled across several years ago to help with this problem is Christian Spotlight on Entertainment.

What I like about this site is that it provides both a moviemaking quality rating and a moral rating on the movie without being overly preachy. It also provides a general review and lets you know what may be objectionable from a Christian perspective. In addition, viewers can list their own reviews to help give you insights on what they liked/disliked about the movie.

Newly released movies typically have a review on the site by its opening weekend so that you can read up on it the weekend it comes out. By going to this site before watching a movie, it has helped me stay clear of those that I really wouldn't want to waste my time and money on. So check it out at http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/home.html.

No comments: