Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Emerging Church

There has been a lot of discussion in evangelical circles about the emerging or emergent church. You may or may not be familiar with this new movement, but I have found that there are a lot of questions about what emerging is, who the major leaders are and what they believe. As I've read about this movement over the past year or two, I've seen elements that I like and things that I'm concerned about.

But like "non-denominational" churches, you really don't know what you may be describing when referring to this movement. Its churches, people and values are broad and diverse. This article, "Five Streams of the Emerging Church", does a good job of giving a brief overview of the emergent conversation. While not making a judgment on the emerging church, this piece does share some common traits that would be true among those that describe themselves as a part of this movement.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: