As mentioned in the Orlando Sentinel, this is Fred Shapiro's, editor of the Yale Book of Quotations, listing of the top ten quotations of 2007. They are as follows:
10. "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."
-- Jimmy Carter, interview in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, May 19
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
-- Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., describing Sen. Barack Obama, quoted in New York Observer, Feb. 4
8. "[I have] a wide stance when going to the bathroom."
--Larry Craig, senator from Idaho, explaining why his foot touched that of an undercover policeman in a men's room (as noted by the interviewing policeman), June 11
7. "I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody [Vice President Dick Cheney] who has a 9 percent approval rating."
-- Harry Reid, senator from Nevada, remarks to the media, April 24
6. "There's only three things he [Rudy Giuliani] mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9-11."
-- Joseph Biden, senator from Delaware, comment at Democratic presidential debate, Oct. 30
5. "I don't recall."
-- Alberto Gonzales, U.S. attorney general, repeated response to questioning about firing of U.S. attorneys, congressional testimony, April 19
4. "That's some nappy-headed hos there."
-- Don Imus about Rutgers University women's basketball team, Imus in the Morning radio broadcast, April 4
3. "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country."
-- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, president of Iran, at a Columbia University appearance, Oct. 10
2. "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as South Africa and the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our [children]."
-- Lauren Caitlin Upton, Miss South Carolina Teen USA, responding to a pageant question about why one-fifth of Americans are unable to locate the United States on a map, Aug. 24
1. "Don't tase me, bro!"
-- Andrew Meyer, University of Florida student who had been questioning Sen. John Kerry, being dragged away by campus police using a Taser stun gun, Sept. 17
Technorati Tags: quotes, yale, 2007